Osborne holds its annual Shareholders General Meeting
El Puerto de Santa María, 25 July 2020. Osborne has recently held its Annual Shareholders General Meeting, during which its accounts for 2019 were approved. Last year, the company reached approximately 222 million euros in sales, a 2% increase compared to 2018, and an EBITDA of 33.2 million euros.
The main highlights for the company over 2019 were:
- The progress made in terms of its strategic brands, including the constant growth and consolidation of Nordés as Spain’s leading premium gin; exporting the first bone-in ham to China, thus opening the way for extraordinary opportunities for Cinco Jotas over the coming years; and the consolidation of Carlos I as the world’s favourite brandy de Jerez solera gran reserva.
- The significant investment made in its brands, as well as an increase in investment in CapEx and R&D, thereby laying the foundations for the company’s growth over the coming years.
- New third-party brands distributed by the company in Spain, including Disaronno, Tia Maria, the bourbon whiskey Evan Williams and the champagne Piper Heidsieck.
- The merging of the group’s sales departments into a single team, allowing it to strengthen the market entry of its products and make the most of synergies within its portfolio.
- The good results of its work climate survey, with levels of satisfaction, commitment and pride in belonging to the company well above the average for Spain (as established in a study carried out by the consulting firm Willis Towers Watson).
- The numerous awards won by the company, including the EY Family Business Award of Excellence, the International Award for the Best Business Model from the consulting firm Development Systems and the CaixaBank Social Project of the Year Award, the latter being awarded to the Osborne Foundation.
Moreover, at the meeting, the group’s shareholders had a chance to find out about its plans for the future first-hand, these focusing on ensuring the growth of its strategic brands, increasing the size of its product portfolio and improving the efficiency of its operations, all this within the context of the COVID-19 crisis.
In the words of Ignacio Osborne, President of Osborne, ‘although this crisis is already having an enormous impact on our industry, I am convinced that we have revised our plans and restructured our teams in a way that will allow us to get through this period. I am also sure that we will come out of this crisis stronger, once consumer spending is back to normal and the hospitality and tourism industries have recovered, all of which are fundamental to Osborne’s business model. If there is one thing that these past few months have shown us once again, it is that our people and their commitment to the company are our biggest asset’.
Since 1772, Osborne has been committed to the future and the company will continue to work hard to bring enjoyment and authentic experiences to its customers through its products. Throughout its history, Osborne’s mission has been to bring authentic products to its customers and strive for excellence, something it has achieved thanks to its visionary spirit and commitment to society (channelled through the work of the Osborne Foundation).
The company is the owner of internationally renowned brands such as Cinco Jotas 100% Iberian acorn-fed ham, Bodegas Montecillo rioja wine, Carlos I brandy de Jerez and Nordés gin, to name but a few examples. Its products are currently present in more than 50 countries around the world. As well as producing and selling its own brands, the company also distributes leading third-party products in Spain, including Brockmans Gin, Russian Standard Vodka, Zubrowka Vodka, Flor de Caña Rum, 100 Pipers Whisky, Passport Scotch Whisky, Disaronno, Tia Maria, Evan Williams and Piper Heidsieck.
Osborne is also the owner of the legendary Toro de Osborne, recognised around the world as one of the most successful brands in the history of advertising and an icon of Spanish culture.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Marta Quero - firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Tejeiro - email@example.com
Tel.: (+34) 91 787 46 00
Rocío Osborne, Director of Communications, Osborne Group
Tel.: (+34) 917 28 38 80